Sunday, May 7, 2017

May 7, 2017 Knapps Narrows, MD

Today is day 5 of our visit to Tilghman, MD.  The weather has been less than cooperative, to say the least.  We have had some rain but for the most part it has been sunny though a bit cool.  It is the wind that has kept us in this sleepy fishing village.  And it appears that tomorrow will be no better though Tuesday is shaping up to a much calmer day.  We have used that time to rearrange everything, take inventories and chill.  On the chill part, I am totally adopting this and though not napping as much as Roofus, I am working on it.  Ken on the other hand has a way to go.  Maintenance, meeting other captains, constantly assessing the weather and making contingence plans keeps him occupied. 

We have accomplished one thing though, I can now post pics.  Those who know me, realize this is a big accomplishment.  My motto has always been about technology, 'I don't care how it works, as long as it is there and ready to go.'  So YOOHOO to me!

Family waving goodbye as we leave day 1

Tangier Island - Me and Milton Parks.  He's a local legend and gave us a tour of the island within an hour of docking.  What a sweetheart.

Tangier Island - Crabbers getting their share of the daily clam bait for their crab traps.

Tangier Island sunset from Parks Marina
Mr. Parks favorite street sign.  He gets a laugh every time he sees it since there are mainly golf carts on the island.
PS from Roofus
I for one love Tilghman Island.  Five days of bliss....no engines roaring, no crashing of various items around the cabin, no WAVE action and I haven't gotten seasick once since we have been here.  And needless to say, I have been sleeping a lot to get my nerves to calm down.  As far as I am concerned, we can just stay here though I expect I won't be that lucky as long as my crazy humans are in charge.  Time to take a nap.  Roofus

4 comments:

  1. Great hearing about getting underway, looking forward to great reports from Roofus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOO PROUD OF YOU!!! Look at you posting pictures! Glad you guys are doing well and glad youre on your way to the next stop today! Love you guys and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a second, I thought you were with Ken in that selfie. . . .I thought the Loop was really aging him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol.. for a second I thought it was Ken too... you are one adventurous Gal .. looking forward to reading more ..please keep the messages coming from Roofus..

    ReplyDelete